Thursday, June 4, 2009

Prayer before sleep

Sloka
Kara charana kritam vaak kaayajam Karmajam vaa Shravana nayanajam vaa Maanasam vaa aparaadham,Vihitamavihitam vaa sarvametat kshamasva Jaya Jaya karunaabdhee Shree Mahaadeva Shambo

Meaning:
Kara Charana Kritam = (faults) committed by (my) hands or feet Vaak = (or by) Speech Kaayajam Karmajam Vaa = or (through) actions associated with (my) body,Shravana Nayanajam Vaa = (faults)associated with (my) ears and eyes Maanaasam Vaa aparaadham = or faults of the mind Vihitam Avihitam Vaa = (faults born of actions) knowingly or unknowingly Sarvam Etat Kshamasva = Forgive (me for) all these Jaya Jaya Karunaabdhe = Victory be unto you, Ocean of sympathy Shri Mahaadeva Shambo = O Shambu, the Great Lord.

O Lord, kindly forgive all the wrong acts and omissions I have committed,whether I committed them knowingly or unknowingly,with my hands, feet, words, ears, eyes, or mind.Glory to you, Mahadeva, who is the ocean of kindness and compassion,and the cause of happiness.
Before going to sleep, one ends the day with this prayer.One asks the Lord for forgiveness for wrong acts that one may have knowingly or unknowingly committed during the day

2 comments:

  1. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    Best NGO For Youth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    Best NGO For Youth

    ReplyDelete